Rental Fees & Deposit:
Half-Day or Less $50 & Damage Deposit $50
Full Day (Non-Profit) $100 per day & one-time Damage Deposit $100
For-Profit Venue/Event $150 per day & one-time Damage Deposit $150
Two (2) separate checks are required:
- one check for rental fees
- one check for damage deposit
Make checks payable to: City of New Strawn
Community Building Rental Agreement Rules
Rules for all events:
- Building must be left in good, clean condition
- All decorations, including tape, staples, etc., must be removed and disposed of after event
- Decorations from the ceiling can only be hung from existing ceiling hooks
- Tables and chairs are to be cleaned & put away unless other arrangements have been made
- Trash/garbage (including restroom trash) shall be BAGGED and put in dumpster located outside of the building
- All boxes must be broken down and placed in dumpster
- All renters must sweep floor and wipe down counters & appliances in kitchen, if used
- HVAC units (2) must be turned off in summer and turned down to lowest setting in winter
- NO gambling. NO roller-skating, roller blades, or skateboards allowed.
- DO NOT tamper with building structure (lights, fans, cabinets, etc.)
- NO SMOKING or TOBACCO CHEWING is allowed inside the building
- If alcohol is sold, a $25 temporary permit is required from the City and must be approved by City Council. The State of Kansas also requires a separate permit and their separate fee to be obtained at www.ksrevenue.org/abctemppermit.html.
If food is served:
- Wipe down all of the appliances and counters in the kitchen
- Sweep and mop the floor after your event
- If the floor is not mopped, a $50 fee will be deducted from your deposit
- NO material/merchandise may remain inside or outside the premises after designated period of rental – failure to remove ALL auction items will result in additional rental fees and/or retention of deposit
- NO equipment with LEAKS (oil, gas, anti-freeze) is allowed inside the building
- NO internal combustion engines are allowed in the building
- Floors must be swept and mopped after auction/event is completed
Reservations are taken on a first come, first served basis. Rental fees must be paid to hold a reservation. Deposit is required when keys are picked up. Cancellation of a reservation 10 days prior to the reserved date will result in a full refund of the rental fee. Cancellation of a reservation less than 10 days from reserved date will result in forfeiture of ALL rental fees. The key must be picked up during City Hall hours. Any after-hours call will result in $25 fee being withheld from your deposit.
A full refund of the deposit will be made after it has been determined the building was cleaned and left in good condition and that all rules as set forth above were followed.